CNE6-S Cebu, PH
The CNE6 courses are intended for network and system engineers who need to understand the new features and operational characteristics of networks based on IPv6. The Level 1 (Silver) course introduces participants to the basic concepts of IPv6 and how these differ from IPv4, related protocols, and the various transition mechanisms that help add support for IPv6 into existing networks.
The training course will be held in scenic Cebu City, home of the InfoWeapons research and development facilities, allowing participants to immerse themselves in the company's deep pool of IPv6 technology expertise and take advantage of its nearby production-grade IPv6 networks, product testing facilities, and leading-edge research labs.
CNE6 Silver Course Versions
Certified IPv6 Network Engineer Level 1 training is available as a Lecture and Demo course (CNE6 Silver) where students watch client node labs done by the trainer, or as a hands-on course (CNE6 Silver+) where each student performs client node labs themselves. Hands-on courses are limited to around 12 participants. Client node labs involve installing a dual-stack FreeBSD node, a dual-stack web server and a dual-stack e-mail server. Students completing either version are considered certified.
The course does not assume any prior experience with IPv6. Knowledge on the level of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified Network Engineer is recommended, even if these covered only IPv4. Completion of the CNE6 Level 1 (Silver) course is a requirement for the CNE6 Level 2 (Gold) course.
CNE6 Silver Course Outline
- The Internet Protocol (IP) and its context (TCP/IP)
- IPv6 address architecture and representation
- IPv6-related protocols and mechanisms: ND, DHCPv6 and SLAAC
- IPv6 configuration on various Operating Systems
- Simple IPv6 routing
- Transition mechanisms: Dual Stack, tunneling and translation
- Installation and configuration of Dual Stack firewall by trainer
- Client node labs (depends on version of course)
- Lecture and Demo Course (Client node labs performed by trainer)
- Hands-on Course (Each student performs client node labs)
The course includes a four-day technical training and a one-day leisure tour of scenic Cebu, one of the world’s best tourist destinations. Participants can choose to avail of one free tour activity from various offerings including historical site visits, island hopping, and scuba diving.
Schedule 1: December 14 to 18, 2010
Schedule 2: January 24 to 28, 2011